Only members of 100+ Women Who Care Tucson are eligible to nominate a charity. Nominations must be submitted at least two (2) weeks prior to the next quarterly meeting.
Only approved charities will be eligible to go into the “hat”.
- be local and based in the Tucson Metropolitan Area. National or international charities will only be considered if the funds will remain in the Greater Tucson area.
- have 501©(3) status for a minimum of two (2) years.
- be active and in good standing with the Arizona Corporation Commission.
- share two (2) years of 990 tax returns with 100+ Women Who Care Tucson if annual gross receipts exceed $50,000
- share two (2) years of year-end financial statements with 100+ Women Who Care Tucson, if gross annual receipts don’t exceed $50,000.
- agree to email thank you letters for all donations. Tax receipts will come from The Woman’s Foundation of Southern Arizona, not the charity.
- be actively engaged in the community and executing their mission statement.
Our Charity Selection Guide will help members determine if a charity has a solid foundation and is trending in the right direction fiscally.
- Members of 100+ Women Who Care Tucson may only have one (1) charity nominated at a time.
- There is no limit on how many members may nominate a charity.
- Only present nominating members will place their charity in the hat.
- The member whose name is drawn will present the charity to the group. The member may delegate the presentation to another member. Only members may address the group.