Only members of 100+ Women Who Care about Tucson are eligible to nominate a charity. Nominations must be submitted at least two (2) weeks prior to the next quarterly meeting and be approved.
Charities must be:
- Local and based in the Tucson Metropolitan Area.
- Must have 501(c)(3) status for a minimum of two (2) years, be active and in good standing with the Arizona Corporation Commission.
- Charities must have two (2) years of 990 tax returns on file and be willing to share that information with us if not readily available on their website or GuideStar. In the case of smaller non-profits (annual gross receipts up to $50,000) who file an e-Postcard (Form 990-N), those organizations must be willing to share two (2) years of year-end financial statements with us.
- Charitable organizations must be able to provide charitable tax receipts for donations.
- Charities must be actively engaged in the community and executing their mission statement.
- Guide Star and Charity Navigator are helpful websites to verify information on charities.
Our Charity Selection Guide will help members determine if a charity has a solid foundation and is trending in the right direction fiscally.
- National or international charities, programs or organizations will not be considered at this time as the focus is on contributing to our local community. Organizations with a national link may be nominated provided the request is for a project to be delivered in the Tucson Greater Metro area. The funds must stay in our community.
- Members of 100+ Women Who Care about Tucson may only have one (1) charitable organization nominated at a time. If two (2) members submit the same charity for consideration, the member submitting the charity first will have that charity on record and have the opportunity to present on behalf of that organization.
- If multiple members submit the same charity for consideration, they will have two (2) options. 1) Nominate a different charity. 2) Acknowledge that the member submitting the charity first will have the opportunity to present on behalf of that organization. If that member is not present at a meeting and the charity is drawn, additional members attached to the charity will have the opportunity to present.