How It Works
- Four (4) times per year our members attend The BIG GIVE where each member gives $100.
- Each member has the opportunity to nominate a local charity. There are eligibility requirements and nominations must be approved at least two (2) weeks prior to the next quarterly meeting.
- At each meeting, three (3) nominated and approved charities will be randomly drawn “from the hat”. The nominating members will be asked to make an informal presentation, of up to five (5) minutes, to the group about their charity’s mission and why it is deserving of the members’ vote (no PowerPoint or collateral materials, please). *The members, whose charities were drawn, must be in attendance and available to present her charity to the group. If a member is not in attendance the charity doesn’t go into the hat to be drawn. The nominating members will be asked to make an informal presentation, of up to five (5) minutes, to the group about their charity’s mission and why it is deserving of the members’ vote (no PowerPoint or collateral materials, please).
- Only Members will have the opportunity to ask questions after each presentation.
- After the presentations and Q&A, an anonymous ballot is held and the charity with the most votes will be the recipient.
- Each member gives $100 through uBack to the winning charity – no exceptions. There is no proxy voting.
- The member who nominated the recipient charity will be asked to participate in the BIG GIVE.
- The selected charity is then invited back to the next meeting to share with members the BIG impact their donations have made.
- The selected charity is not eligible to be nominated/presented again for 18 months or 6 BIG GIVES. The member may nominate a new charity for consideration at future meetings. The other two (2) charities may be nominated/presented again at future meetings.
- Two-way ties will be decided by one more round of votes. If a tie persists, the two names that are tied will go back in the hat and the recipient will be drawn at random.
- The selected charity must agree not to give out member information to any third parties or add them to their mailing list for future solicitation.
- The selected charity must agree to send charitable tax receipts to our members. Members are responsible for ensuring their current email address is up to date. Tax receipts are provided by the charity directly to the members via email. 100+ WWC is not responsible for sending the tax receipts to members.
- Note: Donations made directly to the selected charity do not count towards the member’s commitment – you must have an active account through uBank and be making a quarterly donation through them.
Please feel free to attend any giving circle as a guest. If, while you’re at the event, you would like to donate to the selected charity you are welcome to do so. However, you must be a member to vote. If you are moved to join while attending our meetings there will be leadership team members available to help you sign up as a member and then you can vote that evening.
Please visit our FAQ page to find answers to all your questions!